This class is intended for:
Dogs over 5 months of age who have completed either Puppy Kindergarten OR the Beginner level class.
If your dog has not completed a formal class, they should at least be able to:
- respond to their name by looking at you in a variety of environments
- sit and lay down with a hand signal or word cue
- be social with other dogs and people (or at least tolerant)
- be able to walk on a leash (even if they pull)
The training focus will be to build on attention training and the foundation behaviors typically learned in a first-level class.
We will work on:
- Distance, duration, and distraction in sit, down and stay positions.
- Coming when called
- Leash walking
- Cues that will help with everyday behaviors and the safety of our dogs. For example, “wait”, “leave it” and “drop it”
The Intermediate class meets for 6 weeks, 1 hour each week.
Class size is limited to 6 dogs - and their people.
The whole family is encouraged to attend!
Children must be accompanied by an adult and cannot be the primary handler of the dog during the class.